Western Europe | Hotels
Property Report H1 2012
H1 2012: mixed performance - October 2012At € 5.2 billion invested during the first half of 2012, on a rolling year basis, the hotel investment volume in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom suffered a 37% drop compared to the same period a year ago.
Hotel investment activity slides
- After a 32% increase during H2 2011, hotel investment volumes dropped by 44% in H1 2012
- The United Kingdom remained the most liquid hotel investment market
- Only Italy recorded an increase in investment volume, but coming from a very low base.
…lodging indicators diverge among destinations
- German hotels stood out with a 5% rise of their RevPAR
- Hotels in the United Kingdom and France recorded slight increase of RevPAR
- Italy and Spain hotels’ performances deteriorated over H1 2012, although Spain should reach a record number of international tourist arrivals in 2012