What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed and stored on your computer, your smartphone or all other devices used for accessing the internet when you visit a website. Cookies are very useful and enable an internet site to recognise you, log when you visit a particular page, provide a secure connection to a website and enhance your user experience by: improving your experience of a website, securing your connexion and/ or adapting the content of a page to your areas of interest.
The information stored by the cookies on your computer, during a limited period of validity, may relate to: the particular webpages you have visited on that computer; advertisements you have clicked on; the type of browser you use; your IP address; and the information you have provided to a website (the use of the cookie meaning that you avoid having to provide the information again).
Types of cookies installed by the Site
Cookies intended to collect website statistics:
In order to customise our website www.realestate.bnpparibas.com to the requirements of our visitors, we measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, the activity of the visitors on the website and how often visitors return. These cookies enable traffic analysis statistics to be compiled. From this analysis, the contents of the website can be developed and improved to enhance user experience.
The period of validity for these cookies is: 13 months according to the CNIL recommendations.
Cookies enabling storage of:
Your user preferences, the display settings and players that you use. These cookies facilitate your browsing during your next visit to our website and enhance your user experience.
The period of validity of the cookies is 1 month.
The two key ways are:
– When you open a secure session to access the website and remain logged in for some time without activity, this type of cookie enables a message to be displayed on your computer inviting you to close your session and/or the cookie will automatically log you out of the website if there is inactivity for a set period of time.
– When you open a secure session to access the website, a unique token is stored on your computer by way of a cookie which allows BNP Paribas Real Estate to identify you. This type of cookie is sessional and will be deleted from your computer once you log out of the website.
Your choice about cookies
Many of the cookies we use will improve your browsing experience of our websites, others are vital for you to access secure areas. As a default, most browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to consent to cookies being stored on your computer, you will be able to block all cookies by changing your browser settings. If you decide to block all of the cookies using your internet browser, you will only continue to be able to visit the public areas of our websites and will no longer have access to any secure areas. By pursuing your navigation on our website, you allow us to set cookies on your device. You will always be able to change your mind by rejecting cookies from being set on your device.
Right to access data and rights to oppose:
Under the law, you have a right to request a copy of the personal information BNP Paribas Real Estate holds about you, including that collected by cookies. You also have the right to oppose the storage of cookies on your computer.
- Please address your requests and questions about it by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and join a copy of the cookie set on your device. You can oppose to the installation of statistical cookies or cookies enabling the optimisation of advertising content sent to you in the following way: By expressing you right to oppose choosing the type of cookies you don’t want to be placed on your device
- By changing your cookie settings, activating the incognito mode (browse in private) or the “Do Not Track” browser setting.
You may also, depending on the type of browser you have, configure your settings to block on certain types of cookie, or cookies from certain sources, or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer, so you can then accept or reject it.
For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser. By way of example:
- Internet Explorer : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- Chrome : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Firefox : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
For mobile devices, you can check the following links:
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr&ref_topic=2373959
- Safari : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Windows Phone : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx
More information about cookies, not just those from BNP Paribas Real Estate’ websites, and how cookies can be controlled can be found at Youronlinechoices, published by Interactive Advertising Bureau France (IAB).