The Associate Director (Transactional Services) is responsible for leading the teams providing Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, and Cash and Banking Management, as these are the Transactional Service functions supporting our Accounting services to Corporate Occupier and Investor Property Management Clients.
As a member of the department’s Senior Management Team, the Associate Director supports the Head of Client Finance by:
· Ensuring all statutory, legislative and internal process requirements are met at all times, including the requirements of HMRC, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and auditors.
· Leading the Transactional Services operations, ensuring services are delivered accurately and to a high standard. This includes supporting the Client Accounting teams in meeting service levels and other targets agreed with Clients and internal surveying teams, monitoring key performance indicators and reporting on a regular basis in accordance with client and departmental requirements.
· Acting as a subject matter expert in the areas of client monies, credit control and payment controls.
· Having responsibility for team managers and their teams
· Working with the Senior Management Team to continuously improve the Client Finance capabilities and service offering, to ensure the department is recognised both internally and externally as a leader in its field.
· Develop, implement and continuously improve processes and procedures to ensure service delivery standards and operational agreements for internal and external clients are met
· Ensure that the transactional service team managers and their teams understand and achieve internal and external objectives in an effective and efficient manner
· Implement, monitor and continuously improve operational level agreements with client reporting teams and other internal stakeholders.
· Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of volume operations to ensure routine processing is dealt with as quickly and cost effectively as possible without compromising quality, accuracy or control
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant departments in the company and external stakeholders in order to ensure effective co-ordination with client delivery functions and ensure satisfaction with all client accounting services delivered
· Ensure an appropriate and reliable technology infrastructure is in place to support delivery of property management and client accounting services
· Monitor and control the content and quality of transactional service deliverables to ensure processing is completed accurately, completely and in a timely manner
· Manage the transactional service teams, ensuring they are well trained, motivated, and organised effectively to meet client requirements
· Be involved in recruitment, retention and career development of employees to develop committed, high performing, service oriented teams
· Assist in establishing and implementing departmental targets and set objectives for the transactional service team ensuring that they are communicated to clearly and effectively, and that individual performance by team members against these objectives is monitored and measured
· Implement the company’s performance management programme, adhering to and promoting internal performance standards, and ensuring areas for development and improvement are identified and addressed
· Provide coaching and support to transactional service team managers to ensure appropriate levels of performance and technical skills are maintained
· Ensure all company and legislative procedures and controls are adhered to
· Work with the Head of Client Finance in preparing, developing and delivering the business plan for the Transactional Service team
· Assist in designing and implementing the departmental control framework and delegation policy
· Work with risk management and internal audit to ensure that all compliance and control requirements are met
· Participate in and monitor the effectiveness of controls of activities performed by the team.
· Individual and team based targets
· Manages within budget and minimises overhead spend
Clients and Business Development
· Manages existing client relationships.
· Identifies and helps progress new business opportunities both in and outside own discipline
· Able to work on a broad range of projects referring only to senior colleagues/ external specialists on highly unusual or technical issues.
· Specialist in one aspect of own discipline. Broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
· Enhances BNP Paribas Real Estate‘s reputation through successful delivery
· Builds own network internally and externally
· Manages the Transactional Services team
· Recognised senior specialist who shares knowledge and advises others
· Works with and develops team members
· Coaching/mentoring of others
Systems and Process
· Evaluates, adapts and improves standards, techniques and procedures
· Is a contributor to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects
· Experience of client money handling and the compliance issues in relation to this.
· Accounts payable/transactional services experience
· Understanding of accounting techniques. To include cashbook management, bank reconciliation, and internal and external reporting. Experience of managing high volume banking transactions, across a significant number of bank accounts
· Experience of working with integrated accounting and banking solutions
· Flexibility to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Demonstrable risk and controls based experience in an accounting environment
· Experience of working with purchase to pay accounts payable systems
· Demonstrable debt reduction strategies and implementation for the credit control function
· Background in large accounting operations, ideally in a client money handling context
· Strong people management, interpersonal and mentoring skills, with demonstrable experience of leading teams
· Ability to build team relationships and use influencing skills to interact effectively and deliver through others
· Excellent analytical reasoning, verbal and written communication skills, including general presentation skills
· Committed to the provision of excellent customer service and to meeting deadlines
· Commercially astute, innovative and solutions oriented
· Experience of risk management and formal governance policies
· Organised and methodical, able to manage multiple projects
· Leading teams within a professional services environment
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS
Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.