The Lewes Planning team is looking for a Senior Planner who is ideally qualified with the RTPI, or working towards qualification. The candidate should have several years’ experience in either the Private or Local Authority sectors, and should have a good technical knowledge of planning issues and excellent report-writing skills. The successful candidate would support senior members of the planning team, but would also be looking to manage their own projects and build their own client base in time. They would be expected to delegate work to more junior members of the team and secretarial staff. The candidate would be expected to liaise directly with clients, consultants and local authority planners, but would report to senior colleagues to agree strategies and next steps.
- Assist the team in dealing with the planning issues arising from the firm’s portfolio of clients including residential, mixed use and rural opportunities within central region of the country.
- Create and develop strong, effective relationships with existing clients and other potential sources of business on behalf of the firm.
- Undertake research and site appraisals identifying planning issues and opportunities.
- Assist in the promotion of development opportunities through the Local Development Framework including the submission of representations.
- Provide ad-hoc town planning advice to clients and fellow professional colleagues as and when instructed.
- Contributing positively to the overall development of Strutt & Parker, including cross referrals to other departments, marketing, establishing and developing relationships with existing and new clients and the overall management of the Partnership.
- A Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Ideally with a strong Policy background
- Operating within a consultancy or within local government
- Contacts with landowners/developers and knowledge of Surrey and surrounding counties would be advantageous
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.