Work alongside other UK IT Support Analysts to provide all elements of support to all BNP Paribas Real Estate Directors and staff. Depending on circumstances this may be telephone based, e-mail or face-to-face.
In addition to day-to-day technical support, there will be a variety of on-going projects and migration tasks allocated by the IT Support Manager to all members of the team. These could be changes to IT systems, processes, applications or hardware replacements, as defined in the company’s on-going hardware and application upgrade/replacement programme.
In absence of IT Support Manager, provide senior point of escalation for day-to-day technical support issues and service management.
In some circumstances, there will be requirements to support the Infrastructure team. This will require the ability to work outside of the traditional support role.
Roles and responsibilities.
- Deliver the highest quality support to all staff located throughout the UK. This requires clear, concise communication skills and an ability to deal with users of varying seniority and technical ability.
- Determine the exact nature of a fault/issue raised and, through careful questioning, determine potential points of failure and investigate in detail.
- Ensure that all calls are logged within the Help Desk system and they are accurately prioritised according to the type of call (incident/request).
- Ensure that, under the direction of the IT Support Manager, tasks are completed in a timely fashion managing the expectations of our users.
- Reach a level of understanding of all applications and issues that may be presented; including all standard server and desktop applications as well as hardware and internally developed bespoke applications.
- Project work defined by the IT Support Manager. Whilst projects are likely to be of a varied nature and complexity, the ability to produce work with attention to detail and to a consistently high standard is of the utmost importance. Eg: workstation deployment, office moves, application roll out, permission changes, etc.
- With occasional weekend, out of hours work and visits to other UK sites, a flexible approach to out of hours working is essential.
- Provide support for voice communication – both VoIP and mobile.
- As necessary, and under the guidance of the infrastructure team, perform backups to the agreed BNP Paribas Real Estate standards.
- Formal IT qualification (HND/HNC/BTEC or degree)
- Proven experience of working in a Senior Technical IT Support role.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in difficult and pressured situations
- Structured work habits and good personal time management
- Ability to adjust to meet the expectations of a wide range of users.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to highlight, recommend and implement continuous improvement processes
- In depth understanding of Microsoft Office suite (incl. O365)
- In depth understanding of Windows 7/10 OS
- In-depth Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Understanding of MS Group Policies
- Knowledge of Windows 2008 server administration
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of configuring PC hardware and peripherals
- Physically capable of carrying hardware (PCs/Printers)
- Knowledge and experience of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Exposure to VoIP desirable
- Exposure to mobile device management tools
- Excellent telephone manner and written communication skills
- Some knowledge of Citrix desirable
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.