The Information Technology department comprises 13 people covering help desk & end user support, network/infrastructure support and software development. All members of the respective teams are highly skilled technically. An interesting and exciting environment coupled with a commitment to on-going personal and technical development is the key to the department’s remarkable success in staff retention.
BNP Paribas Real Estate has recently acquired Strutt and Parker, as part of this acquisition all elements of the IT infrastructure and system need to be integrated. You will be dedicated to the delivery of this integration project. Reporting directly to the Head of IT this role includes, but is not limited to:
· Managing specific business and stakeholder relationships.
· Leading engagements with the business areas, accountable for the input and involvement of all areas in that engagement.
· Responsible for the successful delivery of the overall integration project. Directs, manages and co-ordinates all aspects of delivery including those from 3rd party suppliers, regulators and other external organisations
· Maintain relationship with other project resources in group head office (Paris).
The role will involve some UK travel, some weekend work and occasional work outside standard hours.
Key deliverables and responsibilities
· Acts as a gateway between IT and the business, managing the business relationship on behalf of IT, including oversight of the Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring resolution of escalated issues and ensuring business satisfaction.
· Accountable for primary day-to-day relationship with Integration team on behalf of IT, owning the engagement between IT, the integration team and the business.
· Exercises overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the IT Integration project to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards.
· Takes responsibility for architectural adherence, quality standards, policies and internal IT processes.
· Takes ownership for stakeholder management at multiple (and including senior exec) levels.
· Manages suppliers in line with agreed contractual obligations, milestones and quality standards.
· Owns and drives the project planning framework, ensuring that plans are developed and tracked to appropriate standards, are integrated effectively across all work-streams, are unambiguous and achievable, and that dependencies are clearly understood and managed.
· Owns and drives the effective governance of the project ensuring that technical, risk and other standards and compliance requirements are met and that the project governance framework is comprehensively defined and firmly embedded across all areas of the project.
· Manages and co-ordinates the integration project, its interdependencies, and associated risks and issues, escalating as appropriate to the Head of IT.
· Controls the project scope, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
· Ensures the project resource plan is maintained and met and that appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
· Ensures delivery of the platform and service meets requirements and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan.
· Ensures that all project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely and directly provides progress reports to the Head of IT at agreed intervals.
· Initiates extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise.
Qualities and Experience
· Exceptional stakeholder analysis & communication skills
· Problem solving and decision making
· Business planning and management
· Customer relationship building
· Time management
· Accurate and timely reporting
· Negotiation and convincing skills
· Project Management experience
· Track record of managing business and technical projects of strategic significance via third party suppliers
· Project mobilisation/initiation/planning experience
· Experience of managing significant business change/transformation challenges
· A strong business/IT hybrid
· Experience in integration of disparate systems
· Has operated in roles facing off directly to executive levels – a track record of successfully managing stakeholder relationships at this level is definitely preferred.
· Property services industry experience.
· Ability to manage and deliver projects in a business that is undergoing a high degree of organisational and strategic change.
· Formal external qualification/accreditation to Prince II or PMI methodologies, or at least experience of Prince II/PMI in a project environment.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.