The client accounting team at Strutt and Parker provide a wide range of bookkeeping and accountancy services to clients of the firm.
As Head of the Bookkeeping team based in Chelmsford, you will be responsible for co-ordinating, supervising and controlling a team of eight bookkeepers who process the sales, purchase and bank ledgers for our clients. Full-time 12 month contract. The ideal candidate will have had at least 2 years relative experience.
As part of the role you will:
- Embrace the firms “Know Your Data” culture and ensure that information entered into the bookkeeping system is of high quality and integrity with sufficient and robust controls in place.
- Co-ordinate the bookkeeping team to meet the demands of the business.
- Monitor completion of and approve completed bank reconciliations.
- Daily payment approval including purchase ledger and supplier changes
- Ensure compliance with the Direct Debit (DD) rules, and approve DD collections.
- Review and sign-off fortnightly/monthly client payrolls and ensure processing to timetable.
- Work with bookkeepers to ensure competent on all processes and provide training support as required.
- Produce monthly/quarterly client cash statements for a selection of clients.
- Prepare and submit quarterly non-resident landlord return.
- Outstanding team leader, be able to communicate with all levels of the business and act as an ambassador of the team.
- Previous experience in working for a shared service centre or practice environment preferred.
- Detailed bookkeeping and ledgers knowledge essential.
- Broad knowledge of payroll, VAT, sales, and purchase ledger.
- Attention to detail, systematic and precise.
- AAT qualification or higher or Qualified By Experience (5yrs+).
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.