We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Deputy Head of Bookkeeping to join our busy team which provides a bookkeeping and accountancy service to clients of the Strutt & Parker rural consultancy business. The services range from rent collection, processing and payment of invoices, bank reconciliation, monthly reporting, VAT and payroll.
The bookkeeping team is split into task oriented groups concentrating on sales ledger and purchase ledger. The successful candidate would be expected to learn and be proficient in all bookkeeping tasks with prior experience of working in a shared service centre an advantage.
The role reports to and deputises for the Head of Bookkeeping who supervises a team of eight bookkeepers.
The Deputy Head of Bookkeeping supports by:
- Ensuring key metrics such as completion of all client bank reconciliations are achieved each month
- Reviewing and approving supplier changes, tenant bank details, and other work completed by the bookkeepers
- Producing monthly / quarterly rental statements for our smaller clients
- Assisting our accounts team by dealing with urgent queries and requests
- Working with the sales and purchase ledger teams to complete their daily tasks; processing supplier invoices, completing bank reconciliations, resolving sales ledger queries, assisting with tenant Direct Debit collections
- Working with the bookkeepers to understand and resolve supplier and customer queries
- Ensuring all procedure documentation is up to date and reflects current practice
- Assist with the on-boarding and setup of new clients as required
- Provide training and support for new members of the bookkeeping team
- Cover for the Head of Bookkeeping in their absence
Skills / Qualifications
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent bookkeeping qualification
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Committed to the provision of excellent customer service and to meeting deadlines
- Minimum 3 – 4 years bookkeeping experience
- Working in a shared service centre or client accounting team