The Client Onboarding Analyst (COA) is responsible for onboarding new accounts, performing periodic reviews in accordance to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations or as set by internal policies and procedures. More specifically, the COA will undertake due diligence to understand the AML risks within the non-transactional and transactional client relationships to ensure that appropriate Know Your Client (KYC) requirements, fee agreements and other due diligence information are obtained and maintained in accordance with internal and regulatory standards.
- Under direct supervision of the Client Onboarding Manager (COM), complete due diligence on new and existing accounts to ensure compliance with requirements of BNP Paribas groups AML / KYC policies. This will entail performing and recording the results of searches and sanction checks.
- Proactively resolve ad-hoc queries related to complex aspects of AML analysis.
- Where required establish and maintain trusted relationships with our clients to facilitate and accelerate the on-boarding processes.
- Provide guidance to the front office with regard on-boarding polices and account initiation.
- Perform periodic reviews of accounts as required by the onboarding policies.
- Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced CDD processes and other process improvement initiatives as required.
- Proactively resolve queries received from front office and the Compliance Team, highlighting and escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with front office staff and The Compliance Team.
- Work with COM and Compliance Team to provide training and guidance to staff on client onboarding procedures where required.
· Demonstrable experience and undertaking client due diligence, including completing independent searches and sanction checks.
· Prior experience interpreting policies and procedures associated with AML regulations.
· Working knowledge of third party global information sources used to complete client due diligence searches
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook, internet search engines.
· An interest / working knowledge of commercial real estate investment markets (preferred, but not a pre-requisite).
· Personable and people orientated
· Principled and self-assured
· Strong communicator
· Able to multitask and manage to tight timelines and deliverables.
· Able to prioritize and work in an organized fashion.
· Able to work under pressure and with a heavy workload.
· Extremely detail oriented.
· Open to change and future orientated
· Creative thinker able to make well thought out decisions
· Responsive to clients and colleagues
· Commercially astute
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.