14 April 2017
Logistics and Industrial team identified as a leader in Europe
BNP PARIBAS REAL ESTATE LOGISTICS AND INDUSTRIAL TEAM IDENTIFIED AS A LEADER IN EUROPE
According to Real Capital Analytics, the leading real estate transactional database, the BNP Paribas Real Estate European Logistics and Industrial Investment business team has been named a ‘top 3’ player in Europe. This complements the strong positions in logistics/industrial leasing and also in property management. “Although we continue to see a lot of areas to improve, we are honored to receive this designation having grown from 7th position. Our focus has always been on providing industry-leading advice and services for our customers in this sector across 29 countries” comments Logan Smith, Head of Logistics Investment for BNP Paribas Real Estate.
Logistics real estate has been changing, and BNP Paribas Real Estate strives to be at the forefront of these changes, providing its clients with, among other services, the new edition of the industry’s first-ever Logistics Handbook increasing transparency throughout the industry and including country-by-country comparisons of (for example) lease terms, transaction costs, and prime net effective rents.
“Fifteen years ago, the logistics real estate sector didn’t exist in a meaningful way in Europe nor in the United States. Now, it comprises 11% of commercial property and is set to grow further – estimated at about 10% annually, with additional focus on light-industrial and last mile. Even now, modern logistics space per capita in Europe remains only about one-third of the level in the US. E-commerce has been responsible for much of this growth, but it is important to appreciate that e-commerce itself is changing, and is bigger than mere internet retailing” adds Logan Smith.
Some of the recent pan-European logistics investment deals of BNP Paribas Real Estate include:
- France: the sale of value-add portfolio including 19 buildings located across France
- Germany : 42,526 sqm of cross-docking facility
- United Kingdom : 300,000 sqm for one of the leading automotive supplier parks in the UK
- Spain : the sale of 49,500 sqm logistics platform near Barcelona to a leading institutional investor
Poland : the acquisition of 57,000 sqm distribution center in the Warsaw area by a major logistics group
*Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.
- 23.05.2017 | France | REGUS LOUE 1 130 M² DE BUREAUX AU SEIN DE L’ESPACE EUROPÉ...
- 23.05.2017 | United Kingdom | hedgehog lab expands Newcastle HQ as growth spikes ...
- 23.05.2017 | Germany | Westgate in Köln ist vollvermietet
- 23.05.2017 | Germany | Frankfurt: MEAG vermietet 4.000 m² Bürofläche an Design O...
- 22.05.2017 | France | Lyon : Arnaud Rochette nommé Consultant activité de BNPPR...
- 22.05.2017 | Germany | Mietpreise unter Druck, Investmentrallye lässt Preise wei...
- 18.05.2017 | Poland | Q1 of record strength in logistics
- 17.05.2017 | France | BNP PARIBAS REIM FRANCE ACQUIERT TROIS LOCAUX COMMERCIAUX...
- 16.05.2017 | Germany | BNP Paribas Real Estate übernimmt Property Management des...