The Bid Assistant is a central and key role within a busy Business Development (BD) Team. This role will report to the Bid Manager and will be responsible for supporting the BD team grow the UK business. The BD team is expanding due to the recent acquisition of Strutt & Parker.
The team activity and outputs have grown significantly (pursuits of new opportunities, retention of existing clients and a heavy focus on cross-selling opportunities from across the BNP Paribas Group) and will continue to grow in supporting the new combined organisation.
Working closely with the Bid Manager(s) they will be responsible for the upkeep and management of internal BD systems and tools. More specifically this role will support the delivery and coordination of high value multi-disciplinary bids / pitches across all business lines. The Bid Assistant will be expected to provide support across the wider BD team where required.
Key elements of the role
- Support the Bid Manager(s) with the coordination of creative and innovative bid / pitch responses through all bid stages
- Co-ordinate and manage the client and team debrief tracker ensuring the BD owner gathers feedback independently on key pitches, whether won or lost
- Support the bid manager(s) in developing new ideas and concepts that involve coaching and developing business line teams, for pitching and presenting
- Supporting the bid manager and business owner with qualification (go-no-go) of identified opportunities.
- Responsible for producing ad hoc reports on pitch activity
Systems & Tools
- To own and manage BNPPRE’s Knowledge Information hub – The Exchange. Development of business collateral to include but not restricted to: Case studies, CV’s, business line product sheets and deconstruction of bids to update the business bid library
- Management of the central BD inbox supporting evaluation and distribution of OJEU notifications and procurement portals and framework opportunities
- Support the BD team with updating and ensuring accuracy of data within CRM 20:20. CRM 20:20 is BNPPRE’s Client Relationship Management and business pipeline tool
- Degree or equivalent (Business or Marketing preferred)
- Experience working in a bid / marketing capacity in professional services organisation
- Organised, assertive and confident
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and keen to learn
- Constructively challenges the status quo
- Competent on all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.