The Bank Reconciliation Assistant works within a small team responsible for the allocation management and movement of funds and the management and reconciliation of the bank accounts. A key part of the departments shared service functions, the Cash and Banking team provides a critical service to the rest of client finance and the reconciliation assistant supports the cash and banking controller by ensuring all cash and banking operations are completed in line with the agreed processes and procedures, ensuring that controls are adhered to, minimising the risk of fraud.
- Perform regular reconciliations of all bank accounts ensuring that unidentified items are investigated and resolved and that the reconciliations are formally signed off by the appropriate authoriser in accordance with agreed process.
- Ensure strict client monies control at all times, particularly ensuring that BNPPRE is compliant with RICS client money guidelines.
- Provide regular reports of progress with bank reconciliation’s and unallocated cash.
- Track, investigate and resolve the allocation of unidentified receipts and return monies which cannot be properly identified within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all bank reconciliations, including commentary on the investigation and resolution of reconciling items is available for formal sign off on at least a monthly basis
- Assist RICS and other auditors in identifying the information necessary to complete audit activities, particularly regarding bank reconciliations.
- Allocate cash received, identifying the source funds and ensuring all sums received are posted to the correct accounts with 24 hours of receipt, initiating queries on unidentifiable items as appropriate.
- Record and bank cheques in accordance with the agreed cheque received process.
- Maintain daily records of all cash received and ensure the wider Client Finance team members are aware of cash received as appropriate.
- Ensure that all cash received is posted to the accounting database.
- Assist with the regular reporting of unallocated cash.
- Respond to and ensure that all queries relating to bank accounts, cash received and payments made are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all payments made are supported by the appropriate documentation and the correct authorisation is provided.
- Support the Cash and Banking Controller in maintaining complete records of all bank accounts and ensuring that accounts are opened and closed in a timely manner to meet client requirements.
- Ensure strict compliance of all agreed processes and controls.
- Assist in selecting, testing and implementation of new systems to support the cash and banking operations.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.