The position of Assistant Client Accountant is integral to the delivery of property financial services to a varied client base. The role is to support the Senior Client accountant and/or Client accountant(s) to ensure services are delivered to a consistently high quality and standard, promptly and efficiently.
To include, but not restricted to:
· Supporting the Senior Client accountant and/or Client Accountant(s), with the delivery of a property accounting service to both Owner and Occupier clients
· May include direct responsibility for small client portfolios
· Responding to routine enquiries from Clients (correspondence, emails, telephone calls, etc.)
· Financial analysis e.g. analysing property expenditure, manipulating figures, reformatting imported information
· Managing data held on property databases and contributing to the establishment and improvement of robust processes to ensure accuracy.
· Liaise with Estate Managers to ensure that service charge budgets, both payable and receivable, are accurate
· Reviewing month-end property balances, bank balances and bank reconciliations, including chasing up and clearing of unreconciled items
· Preparation of period end reporting to Clients
· Preparing and submitting Client reports in absence of Senior Client Accountant /Client Accountants
· Dealing with Ad hoc reporting and requests
Service Charges and Cash Reconciliations are a fundamental part of what we do and the Assistant Accountant will be responsible along with the Client Accountant for:
- Completion of the Service Charge year ends including billing Balancing Charges to occupiers
- Completion of quarterly cash reconciliations of sub ledgers and ensuring any reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
- Has an awareness of wider team or department budget
Clients and Business Development
· Is proactive in building relationships with internal clients and responsive and helpful to
· Functional or specialist competence with relevant understanding of business/
· Completes own work under minimal supervision/guidance
· Can deal with novel or difficult situations within context of own function or specialism
· Active team player
· Shares expertise with colleagues
· Proactively communicates to colleagues and others
Systems and Process
· Manages, co-ordinates, implements and develops a range of important activities,
processes, functions or relationships
· Makes some decisions within field of expertise
· Is conscious of process and takes steps to protect interests of BNP Paribas Real
· May contribute to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects
- Studying towards an accounting qualification e.g. CIMA / ACCA / AAT etc.
- Property management and accounting packages for managing agents
- Advanced MS office
· Proven work experience in a demanding financial environment, preferably within the
· Must be numerate and pay close attention to detail
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.